C’mon over to Village Inn and let’s talk about Star Wars, upcoming conventions and how things went for the recent Denver St. Patrick’s Day parade! All are welcome!
The September meeting will be at one of our favorite locations, the Village Inn located at I-25 & Colorado Blvd (on East Mexico) @2pm. Here’s the link to the boards thread: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/september-meeting-21st-at-2-pm.50014665/
-Happy Life Day!
-Parade of Lights update? Kim was not in the backyard at the time.
-Post-a-palooza is going down. Go post on the boards and get an entry in the raffle to be held on December 1st!
-New Year’s Eve party at Sith Central. Still happening?? DH not sure.
-2013 St. Patrick’s Day float – We’ll use the skiff as our float again and those who need a spot on it if they can’t walk should be able to hop on.
-Pinewood Derby – Will be worked on next year.
-Council nominations – finalized, check out the boards for the ballot and send your vote via PM to Grimby
– We’re planning a group movie showing of The Hobbit on Saturday, December 22nd at The Continental theater. Time TBD.
-Empire Uncut filming was a success! Editing is happening and ILM is working on effects. 😉
-December meeting – Newman’s house up North on 12/15 at 2 PM.
Thanks for hosting Rogers’ and happy birthday to Mackenzie!
Hauntings at the Hanger – 10/28 http://boards.theforce.net/threads/hauntings-at-the-hangar-2012-edition.50003815/
-Spent ~$112 on giveaways. Jeff ate all the candy Kim purchased.
-Set up starts at 8. Jabba toss, photostand, mini-golf and table. Kim is making a spreadsheet for people’s shifts. Breakdown of positions: 2 at mini golf, 1 at Jabba toss, 0 or 1 at Han Solo in Carbonite photo stand, X-Wing will be staffed by RL and 501st with one photo taker, 2 to 6 at the RMFF table, 1 or 2 handlers/floaters. Please post in thread if you’re coming to the event: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/hauntings-at-the-hangar-2012-edition.50003815/
-Everybody please bring 1-2 bags of candy. Beads in bags will be available to giveaway to older kids.
-We’ll have tablecloths and other giveaways at the table. Maps of the event will be available at all tables.
-Costume parade, 4 food trucks, volunteers buy their own lunch, expecting 2,000-3,000 people.
-Please bring moss for X-Wing’s Dagobah decorations.
X-Wing project Challenge coins
-At least 3 coins will be made – RL coin (in production now), RMFF coin in January/March, 501st coin…eventually
-300 each, $10 each, proceeds to repair X-Wing, still have 125 coins; through end of November
-Ordering information on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/notes/jennifer-peterson/x-wing-project-news-from-our-partners-in-mountain-base/10151210855107340
-X-Wing project polos in the future
May the 4th, 2013
-Planning starting, museum will pay for pool noodle lightsabers (will automate construction process), craft area
-Bigger (and more powerful) than you could possibly imagine!
Denver Comic con – May 31 – June 2, 2013
-bigger hall, will have SW fan table wall again
-someone will be put in charge of fan tables
-asked for suggestions for SW-related guests
MST3K live in theaters – Birdemic! – October 25, 7 PM
-Several of use are going to the showing at Denver Pavilions
-Tickets on sale here: http://www.fathomevents.com/originals/event/birdemic.aspx
SW Reads Day wrap up
– Aurora event could have been better, 4 people there;
-DPL event – way bigger than they thought,
-Tattered Cover South event went well; event success was dependent on individual bookstores
Parade of Lights – Kim inquired about our participation
-Ben’s having trouble banning people so shenanigans must ensue!;
-need bigger server/two servers
-FanForced has an idea on how to bump up post counts and get more people to post
-We’d donate a prize of about $15 to be raffled off
-Rules: one post is an entry, RMFF only people
-Contest is from November 1 – 30
-At the end of November 30th, the person with the most posts between November 1 and November 30th is the winner.
-Prize will be awarded at the December meeting.
Treasure/booty update – $457.85 ($111.97 spent by Kim on Oriental Trading merchandise for Hauntings at the Hanger)
November meeting: November 17th at 2 PM – Meeting at Shane/Courtney’s new house – event invite to follow
Dave will start a thread of nominations for officer positions in 2013.
-The Newmans will be hosting the Holiday Party on December 15 at 2 PM.
-Theme is flaming liquids
-White bantha – Lego rules (no live animals) in effect!
Nute Gunray not at this meeting (Listen to the Forcecast at www.forcecast.net)
Attendees: Jonathan/DieWompRatDie, Ben/Grimby the Hutt, Austin/DarkLord49 +2, Geoffrey/breadnappa, Erica/(Ladyboobs? Looking for a board name), Becca/Sarnia, Amy/SWSNBMOTB, Lynelle/JawaJaka, Linda/FanForced, and newbie Jesse
Item! Arvada Harvest Parade recap
- Thanks to those who came out to the parade. ~10 members present.
Item! Our boards are back
- If you haven’t already, sign on, and get your board name registered. Boards are at: http://boards.theforce.net/forums/denver-co.10128/
- New features:
- mobile apps – TapaTalk or ForumRunner (recommended by RebelScum.com)
- Alerts like Facebook. Can mark flags to watch, and you receive a notifications when someone replies.
- Will auto-navigate you to the newest post since your last log on to that thread.
- PMs are now called conversations, and you can add up to 5 people in one private message conversation
- More improvements coming, such as new skins for forums
Item! Wings Over the Rockies update/Hauntings at the Hanger
- Sunday, October 28th, 9:00 am set up, 11:00-4:00 event, tear down afterwards
- 1,500 attendees last year, expecting 2,000 – 3,000 this year
- All tables need treats to hand out (plan for 2,000-3,000) and/or an activity. Bring your own extension cords and gaffers tape.
- Need a volunteer to be point person for RMFF to coordinate the table, shifts, communications, etc.
- Board thread: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/hauntings-at-the-hangar-2012-edition.50003815/
- Next event at Wings Over the Rockies is their Annual Museum Gala, Friday, Nov 16
Item! Pinewood Derby Update
- Death Star trench run theme has been proposed for the track.
- Looking for donations of little items to attach to the sides to create Death Star surface look, which will be spray-painted gray.
- You can acquire a car from the Boy Scouts of America store.
- Target is spring 2013, fully operational for Denver Comic Con
- More detail from DarthHair once he is fully armed and operational
Item! DarthHair is recovering from surgery and we signed a Get Well card for him, which is being delivered via mouse droid as we speak
Item! Birthday troop
- Violet Larson’s 5th Birthday party on Saturday, Sept 22 4:00 – 6:00
- Centennial park 13133 E. Arapahoe Rd., Centennial, CO 80112
- Costumes are encouraged to attend. Invite also went out to 501st and Rebel Legion.
Item! Flag Football National Championships – Sept 20-22
- Erica to post a thread on the boards
- More details TBA
Item! Star Wars Reads day – October 6
- Looking for costume at LucasFilm sanctioned event at Aurora TownCenter Barnes & Noble. http://store-locator.barnesandnoble.com/store/2245
- Event is from 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Deadline for acquiring shirts has passed.
- Contact Hugh Kaufman on Rebel Legion Boards if you want to troop or volunteer.
- Thread here: http://boards.theforce.net/threads/star-wars-reads-day-october-6th-barnes-noble-aurora.50003870/
Item! Treasury – same as last month – $569.82
- Request for a donation to Susan B. Komen to sponsor a team to walk October 7. Requesting party (Amy and Michael Newman/Obi_Wannabe) needs to post thread so we can discuss.
- Still accepting costume donations for Etsy sales. Donate costumes and/or costume parts to be sold. QHM and Sarnia accepting those donations.
Item! Empire Uncut – http://www.starwarsuncut.com/empire/all/:
- Austin/DArkLord49 is interested in submitting an RMFF clip for the fan-made clip version of ESB.
- Austin is going to start a thread, pick a few scenes,and we will put it up for vote for filming in November.
Item! Holiday Party
- The Newmans would like to host the Holiday Party on December 15 at 2 PM.
- Theme is flaming liquids…
Last Item! Next meeting tentatively set for Sunday, October 21, 2:00 PM @ usual Village Inn near I-25 and Colorado
Event photos can be found under the section “Recent Posts by Others” on the RMFF Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/RockyMountainFanForce. Thanks to FanForced for taking those.